After completing the theoretical course, you go through practical training on a yacht. It is best to combine training with vacations and holidays, choose time and place where you want to go practice. For a start, we recommend Croatia, Greece, Italy or Spain.
Watch the video from our training voyage on the North Sea.
The practical training on a yacht includes:
- Working with maps
- Identifying and fixing the geographical position
- Work with sailing-directions
- Work with sails (settlement and riffing)
- Mooring in the marina, on the buoy, to the beach
- Sailing (change tacks)
- On the engine - at the port, on the high seas in the Bay
- Navigation, working with electronic devices
- Lights (in the dark), day signs (figure)
- Sound and light signals
- Lights on yacht
- Safety equipment on the boat, working out action in emergency situations, "man overboard"
- Work with marine VHF radio
- 1-night sailing
After passing the examination of practice and you get license, which give you the chance to take a yacht charter anywhere in the world.
- The cost of the practical course, instructor-led training - 250 euro.
- The cost of the certificate Inshore Skipper- 250 euros.
- The cost of the rights of the Croatian sample - $ 100
- The cost of the certificate Offshore skipper - 300 euros.
Register for the yacht captains' courses at the school of skippers BB Yachting and receive a gift - on-line access to the book "Skipper" (first edition), author B.Brodowski