In the BB Yaсhting school of Bogdan Brodowski, You can learn to sail a yacht, get international sailling license to manage the yacht ISSA and RYA certificate of the Royal English Association, as well as improve your qualifications.
The first step to get driver license to sail a yacht - is the theoretical course.
Can not attend classes in Kiev?
We offer online distance learning yachting course in the form of webinars. Complete the full course of the yachting theory in Odessa, Dnipro, Lviv, Mykolaev, Kharkiv and any other city!
The cost of the theoretical course: 250 €
Included in the price:
- theoretical course
- materials for training and book "Skipper" by Bogdan Brodowski
Since September, the monthly mode of theoretical training continues. Skipper of our school. Bogdan Brodovsky, the leading instructor of our school, a skipper with 30 years experience in sailing, conducts training on the author's program. The author of the book on yachting "SHKIPER" is a book which hasn’t analogues in Ukraine.
Yachting theoretical school of skippers
Classes are held all year round. The course consists of 10 lessons, which take place in our office three times a week, on weekdays from 19.00-21.00.
The schedule of theoretical studies for 2018:
August and September, groups of 4-6 people!
The end of august - beggining of september - the start of the theoretical course
October - optional tutorial "Tides and Ebb"
November, 2018 - Radio Communication Course SRC-DSC
Since September, the monthly mode of theoretical training continues. Skipper of our school Bogdan Brodowsky, the leading instructor of our school, a skipper with 30 years experience in sailing, conducts training on the author's program. The author of the book on yachting "SHKIPER" is a book which hasn’t analogues in Ukraine.
In the classes we consider the following topics:
1. Weather: atmospheric pressure, Coriolis rule, cyclone and anticyclone, cold and warm fronts; the Beaufort and Peterson scales; cloud observations; sources of weather forecasting; local anomalies; night and day breezes; world winds; fog; actions during weather worsening.
2. Radio communication and GMDSS elements: Simplex-duplex communication; the SOLAS convention; Call sign; MMSI; call for Mayday, Pan-Pan, Securite, general communication; VHF channels; GMDSS system; radar; depth sounder; GPS; EPIRB; SART; A.I.S.
3. International rules for preventing collision of vessels, COLREGs: priority; signs and signs on bridges; movement along rivers; Traffic Separation Scheme, TSS.
4. Safety on the yacht: means of safety on the yacht; fire, preventive measures, fire triangle, fire extinguishers, fire blanket; life jackets; man overboard, MoB, preventive measures; means and ways of calling for help; pyrotechnics; life raft; rescue operation by helicopter.
5. Lighthouses and beacons: IALA system; lateral signs; cardinal signs; the leading signs; beacons, sector beacons, colors and characteristics of lights, TSS.
6. Basic maneuvers, mooring, anchorage: types of bottom; types of anchors; choice of anchorage; maneuvers in acute and complete courses, through the staff, through the stern; tacking; to buoy; towing; gateways; forward and backward movement; longside.
7. Yacht stability, sail theory, Pivot Point.
8. Navigation lights and signals: navigation lights during day and night; sound signals; actions in case of reduced visibility; other ways of calling for help.
9. Tides (optional): terminology of tides; zero card; time UTC / GMT; the tidal curve; calculation methods for main and secondary ports.
10. Individual lessons 1-2 people: navigation, working with a map, putting positions on the map.
The philosophy of our school is not only high-quality training in the management of a sailing yacht, but also the unification of like-minded people and the further accompaniment of our cadets, for subsequent independent steps in yachting. We want to make yachting accessible to everyone.
Take theoretical yachting training and sail on your first yacht trip with BB Yachting!
Call us: (050) 500-57-77; (067) 238-62-11; (044) 235-84-21 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are glad to answer any question interesting you!