For foreigners, the International Yachting School of Bogdan Brodowski offers to take a Sailing course in English.
Having a skipper license for a yacht, you will get a unique opportunity to spend your vacation in a new way, having received a huge amount of positive and vivid emotions!
Yachting training in English for obtaining a yacht license takes place in 3 stages:
1. Theoretical course
Groups of students are formed year-round. The course consists of 12 lessons that take place on the Webex online learning platform and provide an opportunity to study from anywhere in the world, in our office or in your territory in the city of Kyiv 2-3 times a week. All educational materials we send in electronic format by e-mail or you can get it in our office.
2. Practical course
1 week at sea. After completing the theoretical course, you take practical classes on a yacht. You can train at any time of the year! In spring, summer, and autumn we offer the waters of Italy, Croatia, Greece, France, Spain, and in winter - Thailand, Canary, and Seychelles! It is best to combine training with relaxation, and we will help you with this!
During the practical training in yachting, they will teach you everything that a good skipper should do to safely go to the sea! You will find work with maps, mooring practice, work with sails, navigation, night traffic, and everything you need for an independent charter.
3. Exam and license
The exam takes place during practice. You are supervised by our experienced instructor who evaluates your work on the yacht and how you learned the lessons. At the end of the practice, the instructor will report on your progress, and you will be able to get an ISSA license in 2-4 weeks!
The cost of training in English for a group of 4 people and obtaining a license :
- theoretical course - 500 euros/per.
- practical course - 500 euros/per.*
* The road to the yacht, a place on the yacht during a practical cruise, and all team expenses are not included in the cost of training.
- passing an exam to an instructor and obtaining an ISSA INSHORE SKIPPER certificate - 250 euros.
Inshore Skipper - gives the right to sail on coastal waters (up to 20 nautical miles from the coast, which is 37,04 m). The owner of a yacht license of this type must possess all the skills for sailing in the coastal zone and water maneuvering. To get such a certificate, you do not need any other documents, just train with our instructors and pass the exam.
- The cost of the ISSA OFFSHORE SKIPPER certificate - 300 euros.
Offshore Skipper - this certificate gives the right to swim in the waters of the ocean, as well as in waters with tides. Its owner must have significant knowledge and skills in servicing the yacht, navigation, crew organization, and planning of sea voyages. The level of training is much higher than the level of Inshore. This is not for beginners.
- Certificate of a DSC radio operator (you can also take a course at our school and get an ISSA certificate)
- Walk 600 nautical miles, including 100 at high tide.
Practice in the North Sea.
In the classes we consider the following topics:
- Weather: atmospheric pressure, Coriolis rule, cyclone and anticyclone, cold and warm fronts; the Beaufort and Peterson scales; cloud observations; sources of weather forecasting; local anomalies; night and day breezes; world winds; fog; actions during weather worsening.
- Radio communication and GMDSS elements: Simplex-duplex communication; the SOLAS convention; Call sign; MMSI; call for Mayday, Pan-Pan, Securite, general communication; VHF channels; GMDSS system; radar; depth sounder; GPS; EPIRB; SART; A.I.S.
- International rules for preventing collision of vessels, COLREGs: priority; signs and signs on bridges; movement along rivers; Traffic Separation Scheme, TSS.
- Safety on the yacht: means of safety on the yacht; fire, preventive measures, the fire triangle, fire extinguishers, fire blanket; life jackets; man overboard, MoB, preventive measures; means and ways of calling for help; pyrotechnics; life raft; rescue operation by helicopter.
- Lighthouses and beacons: IALA system; lateral signs; cardinal signs; the leading signs; beacons, sector beacons, colors and characteristics of lights, TSS.
- Basic maneuvers, mooring, anchorage: types of bottom; types of anchors; choice of anchorage; maneuvers in acute and complete courses, through the staff, through the stern; tacking; to buoy; towing; gateways; forward and backward movement; longside.
- Yacht stability, sail theory, Pivot Point.
- Navigation lights and signals: navigation lights during day and night; sound signals; actions in case of reduced visibility; other ways of calling for help.
- Tides (optional): terminology of tides; zero card; time UTC / GMT; the tidal curve; calculation methods for main and secondary ports.
- Individual lessons 1-2 people: navigation, working with a map, putting positions on the map.
The philosophy of our school is not only high-quality training in the management of a sailing yacht but also the unification of like-minded people and the further accompaniment of our cadets, for subsequent independent steps in yachting. We want to make yachting accessible to everyone.
Take theoretical yachting training in English and sail on your first yacht trip with BB Yachting!
Call us: +38 0505005777 or +38 0675471888 or send an email to email@example.com.
We are glad to answer any question, which interesting to you!